San Diego (Sandy Diego as Nolan calls it) was so much and exactly what we needed! Nolan was very excited about going and packing his back pack with all the essentials (anything and everything he could find had to go with us).
The first day we spent exploring our hotel and the areas near the hotel. We found a little beach with an ice cream place that had a toys to build sand castles next door. Nolan was super excited! That night we drove around looking for a restaurant that I had found online for an hour. We ended up at Panera for dinner... kind of a bust. We made up for it with our desert... roasting marshmallows on the beach! It was very cool! There was a band playing near us, so we could hear the music and the waves crashing. We had our own private fire pit all set with marshmallows, graham crackers, and chocolate. Just as a side note... a two year old, melted marshmallow, and sand make for quit a mess!
This was Nolan's special bed while we were at the Hotel del Coronado. It was a big hit!
The next morning we headed to breakfast in the hopes of making up for our disaster of a dinner. We went to a place that makes crepes. I usually give Nolan a few choices when we eat in the hopes that he may try something new. Not this day.
Nolan: I don't like grapes (crepes). I want pancakes.
us: They are like thin pancakes. You're going to like them.
Nolan: I not going to like them. I want pancakes! (louder)
Nolan: I like grapes (crepes)!!!!!
love it!! looks like such fun!
ReplyDelete