Friday, May 21, 2010

The Game has Changed...

Today I realized that everything has changed in our house. Nolan and I had come home from the grocery store and he was playing with some books in the living room. I could see him while I was putting up the groceries but I wasn't paying complete attention to him (big mistake). I would look up every few minutes to check on him. I could still hear him but I couldn't see him anymore so I went to look for him. I then found him in the guest bathroom dipping his books in the toilet! He looked up at me and laughed like it was the funniest thing ever!



I decided that the rest of the groceries could wait. So we were then playing on the floor. Nolan loves playing hide and seek. We run around the furniture. Sometimes he catches me and sometimes I catch him. He is very fast! He was crawling after me, so I decided he would think it was funny for me to crawl through his tunnel to get away from him. Right as I got all the way into the tunnel Nolan decided he should probably follow me. He crawled up my legs and over me until he was laying on my back and we were both stuck in the tunnel! Luckily this was about the same time as Jonathan got home tonight!


I was so excited for him to be walking and playing, but I do miss the days when if you put him some place he would still be there when you got back!


Here are some of his 1 year pictures...






2 comments:

  1. love it! were you able to salvage the book?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, so sweet! I hope I'm a mommy who will stop doing a chore to get down on the floor and play with my kiddo. And I hope I'm a mommy who won't sweat the small stuff like a book baptism. ;)

    Seriously Holly--you're a great mommy!

    ReplyDelete